April 15, 2011

Cheesy Meatloaf


It's slightly possible that I went a little overboard on this meatloaf. I can also tell you that this was LOADED with flavor. I am one of those people who always eats meatloaf with ketchup.  I just am.  But this didn't need it at all.  I actually felt a little guilty for leaving the ketchup off my plate, but I got over it.


In the picture above I've got 2 pounds of ground beef, ketchup, Italian Panko bread crumbs, egg, A1 sauce, and 1 package of onion soup mix.

Mix it thoroughly - you'll have to use your hands, sorry.



Put half of the meat mixture in a loaf pan, then form a tunnel in the middle - not all the way to the edges.



Use whatever type of cheese you want for the middle.  I used sharp cheddar.



Top with bacon, cut each strip in half to fit a loaf pan or you can use the whole strip length wise.

Bake for about an hour and 15 minutes or until the center is no longer pink.



I've made a variation of this meatloaf before here This time I decided to jazz it up a bit more by adding the cheese and the bacon.  I really enjoyed this.  It was very flavorful, and very filling.  All the spices in the onion soup mix, Italian bread crumbs and the A1 sauce really work well together.  Very moist, with a nice smoky hint from the bacon.  Delish.

Here's what you'll need:

2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
3/4 C Italian Panko Crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 C ketchup
2 Tbsp A1 sauce
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (your choice on how much to use) I used two thick slices from a block of cheddar.
3 slices of bacon, cut in half

Preheat the oven to 350

In a bowl add all of the ingredients except the cheese and bacon.

Halve the hamburger mixture and put into a loaf pan.  Make a tunnel in the center of the meat - length wise.  Add your cheese.  Top with the remaining hamburger mixture.  Add the bacon to the top.  Cook for about 75 to 85 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.

No comments: