June 17, 2013

Sour Cream Blueberry Pie


This is the dessert I made for my husband for Fathers Day.  He liked it. He's a huge blueberry lover so I thought this would be a nice change from the blueberry pie I usually make. I think it was a refreshing change and I'm glad I tried it.  If you're not much of a sour cream fan then don't worry, it's not a overpowering sour cream flavor. The blueberries were definitely the star and the sour cream just added the creaminess.

I recommend refrigerating or even slightly freezing it so it cuts well, otherwise it did sort of spread out a bit.

I hope all you fathers out there had a great day!

Sour Cream Blueberry Pie
Recipe from Cinnamon Freud via Bon Appetite Desserts



Ingredients
  • 1 fresh or frozen pie crust
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
Cooking Directions
  1. Partially bake your pie crust for about 6 minutes. 
  2. Turn the oven to 400º if it's not already there. 
  3. Whisk all of the ingredients (except the blueberries) in a large bowl.
  4. Fold in the blueberries.
  5. Pour filling into the warm pie crust and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
  6. The filling should jiggle slightly in the middle but be set on the sides.
  7. Cool to room temperature.

No comments: