July 15, 2013

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken


There is something comforting about chicken for dinner, don't you think?  I mean I'm not the world's biggest chicken eater but I always feel like I'm home when I eat it.  I know that sometimes chicken can be sort of boring so I try to do it differently each time I make it.  One of the musts for my chicken making is a good seasoning or sauce that goes with it since white meat needs that extra little tang and moisture in my opinion.

This recipe was rated very well at AllRecipes and I incorporated several of the suggestions by other readers.  I think it turned out really well.  Keep in mind that I was only cooking two chicken breasts so the seasonings below were perfect.

This recipe has a nice spicy kick but I did read where some other people had spiced it up even more by either adding minced jalapeño, more cayenne and even tequila.  One person added some honey into the sauce so you get a sweet and salty taste. The wonderful thing about chicken is that you can do anything to it!

*Double this recipe for more than two chicken breasts.  You want it really well coated.

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken
Modified slightly from AllRecipes


Ingredients
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 3 Tbsp lime juice
Directions
  1. Mix the salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley together in a bowl and then rub onto the chicken breasts so they are completely covered. 
  2. Melt the butter and add the olive oil together in a frying pan over medium heat.  Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes on each side. 
  3. Add 2 tsp of garlic powder and 3 Tbsp of lime juice and the chicken broth. 
  4. Cook for an additional 5 minutes so the sauce can reduce slightly and the chicken is fully cooked. 

No comments: