July 7, 2016

Cherry Cheesecake Dip



You're looking at the dessert I made to bring to the 4th of July party we attended.  Even though it was smokin hot, this dip held up pretty well.  I served it with graham crackers and it was D-lishious!  We were only at the party for a couple of hours (because we got a new puppy, and we brought her with us) and we wanted to get her home for dinner and to cool down.

Talk about an easy appetizer or dessert to put together.  Only four ingredients and then whatever you want to dip into it. It was ready in less than 15 minutes and then just keep it cool until ready to serve.

I have to say, this is one of my favorites.  I mean, I love cherry cheesecake and this is SO much easier and just as good.  Plus, you can just take what you want.  The graham crackers are a perfect accompniament with this dip as they serve as the "crust".  I just loved it and apparently so did everyone at the party.  We were only there for 2 hours and yet I took home a half empty 9x13 inch dish.

I had to share a picture of our sweet little girl.  Her name is Kacey, she is my daughters puppy and we all just adore her.  She is a Mini Australian Shepherd.  She's taking up much of my time as we potty train her but she's super smart and it's going really well. 

Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Recipe from The Country Cook



Ingredients
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 of a 7.5 ounce jar marshmallow cream
  • 8 ounces cool whip, thawed
  • 14.5 ounce jar pie filling, I could only find the larger can size and it worked perfectly
  • graham crackers for dipping
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix together the cream cheese and marshmallow cream until smooth.
  2. Add the thawed cool whip and mix until smooth.
  3. Spread into a 2 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 inch dish and top with the cherry pie filling.
  4. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments: