December 23, 2015

White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge


Another item I made on baking day with my friend Melissa this past weekend.  This one was one of my favorites (oh who am I kidding, I loved them all).  I've never been known to make great fudge.  I've tried often but I seem to always get it wrong.  This recipe was a great one, however.

I loved the combination of white chocolate and the cranberries.  I got the less sugar cranberries and I'm glad I did.  It was a great contrast between the tart cranberries and the sweet chocolate.

I'm also in love with the colors. The pure white with big red splashes of color is just so Christmas-y.

I am thrilled with how this recipe turned out.  So festive and different for a change in my usual dessert line-up.  I hope you'll give this one a try this year.

White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge
Recipe from Mom On Timeout


Ingredients
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup sour cream (not light)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 (5 oz) bag dried cranberries
Cooking Directions
  1. Line a 9x13 inch pan with tin foil and then scary with cooking spray. Set aside.
  2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream, butter and salt.
  3. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
  4. Continue cooking until mixture reaches 238 degrees.
  5. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, stir until melted.
  6. Add the marshmallow cream and the vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
  7. Stir in the dried cranberries.
  8. Pour into the prepared dish and let sit until it has reached room temperature.
  9. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours before cutting.
  10. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: