Summer is approaching and that means you'll need your fair share of snacks to cool you down. This is one that you need to have in your refrigerator, for those hot days.
Of course fruit is good by itself but if you leave it cut up in your refrigerator for too long, it begins to turn strange colors. Especially those darn bananas. This recipe is great because it isn't covering up that great fruit flavor, but adding a hint of extra flavor. Coincidentally it's also helping to preserve that lovely color. Lime juice is good like that. And you can't go wring with honey, I mean, really.
This recipe is perfect for a quick snack on a hot day.
Rainbow Fruit Salad
Recipe from Buzzfeed
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 4 kiwi's, peeled and diced
- 2 mango's, peeled and diced
- 2 bananas, peeled and diced
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 limed, juiced
- Combine the cut up fruit in a medium sized bowl. Mix together the honey and lime juice and pour over the fruit, stir. Serve at room temperature or chilled.