January 27, 2011

Ina Garten Sesame Noodles


OK, I have to confess that the original title of this recipe is actually "Crunchy Noodle Salad"....but I didn't have any of the "crunchies" that were needed.  I did have noodles though, and I had all the sauces, oils, spices, etc. so being the rebel that I am I forged on without the veggies. I'm dangerous like that.

I already have a sesame noodle recipe that I LOVE from Pioneer Woman but I wanted to branch out and make sure I tried other recipes, to be fair and all.

I have to say, this recipe has peanut butter, which I love.  I wasn't sure how I would like it but I found it really enjoyable.  Now, I think it would have been fantastic with all the veggies in it like Mrs. Garten's recipe indicates.  There was quite a bit of sauce in mine which wasn't a problem for me.  It did take me a little while to get used to the peanut butter aspect, but after a mouthful I was over that trepidation and on to full on enjoying it. 


The sauce is pretty easy to put together, just dump everything into a bowl and mix.  Not hard right?



Looks lovely doesn't it? I just dumped the cooked noodles into the sauce and let them sit for about 10 minutes to soak in that goodness.  Then I ate it.



Here is the link to Ina's Recipe: Ina Garten Crunchy Noodle Salad

I modified this recipe in only one way, I didn't add the veggies.

No comments: