It's that time of year for all things pumpkin! Now is the time to break out all those recipes you've been wanting to try with pumpkin as the star ingredient. Carving pumpkins has been on everyone's list this week whether you have kids or not. What's more fun then showing off your artistic abilities and then illuminating them with fire! You just can't get away with that any other time of year. It's a shame isn't it? Well don't throw those pumpkin seeds away, they make a mighty tasty snack.
Basic Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- salt (or whatever seasonings you like)
- 2 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Melt the butter and pour over the seeds. Coat them completely.
- Spread the seeds out in and even layer (no overlapping) on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until the seeds are golden brown. Let cool slightly before eating.