From my dad's creative kitchen comes a new "healthy" pie crust. No seriously, it's healthy. Now what you fill it with might not be but I'm not judging you.
Can I also compliment the beautiful photograph that my sister took? Seeing that I'm not in Montana to take such a picture, I had help from my sister, nephew and dad. I think that's my nephew's hand in the picture. You're all making me home sick!!!
This particular pie is filled with his Sugarless Sweet Potato Craisin recipe as I previously posted about here.
The shredded wheat adds a nice crunch to the crust and holds together well, great texture and taste. Everyone who tried this recipe loved it. Perfect for those people trying to add more fiber into their diet or just try something new. I think he's really onto something here, great job dad!
Shredded Wheat Pie Crust
Recipe from John Frelich
- 5 shredded wheat biscuits, smashed
- 1/2 cup light margarine
- 2 Tbsp Truvia sweetener
- Smash the shredded wheat very well.
- Melt the margarine and add to the shredded wheat and Truvia and mix well.
- Press into a deep dish pie dish.
- Bake at 350º for about 5 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn't over brown.