I know, I know, this isn't really very nice of me. First thing in the morning on a Wednesday of all days! Well, I did it so you could plan. If you don't happen to have a Hershey bar sitting around your house, you may want to stop and pick one up. I'm just sayin.
You're going to need it
You're going to need it to make these S'mores bars this weekend.
I've given you two and a half days to prepare yourself. Well, you know what? Why don't you just go ahead and pick up two in case you run out of these bars before you get to share them. Just to be on the safe side.
All the school supplies are in the stores now so that means we're winding down summer, and that means we only have limited time to lounge around outside at barbecue's and such.
These bars would be a welcome addition to any party. They have marshmallows, chocolate and a graham cracker crust. They're sweet and delicious. But you don't need a fire to enjoy them. No marshmallow roasting necessary.
S'mores Cookie Bars
Recipe from Chocolate Chocolate and More
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, plus a few extra for on top
- 1 (1.55 oz) regular sized Hershey chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Line a 9x9 or an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and the butter, stir until wet and then press down into the prepared pan. Bottom only.
- The the bowl of your stand mixer, add the butter and the sugars and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows by hand.
- Spoon the dough into the pan with the graham cracker crust, don't worry about making the layer totally even, as it'll even out more as it bakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Break the candy bar into sections and place into the freezer while the bars are baking.
- After baking for about 10 minutes, sprinkle the top of the bars with some more mini marshmallows and return to the oven to finish cooking.
- When you remove the pan from the oven, carefully place the frozen chocolate pieces on top and then let the bars cool completely before cutting.