June 29, 2010

mmmmm, Homemade Honey Wheat Bread!


Do you remember as a kid growing up and the smell of homemade bread baking in the oven? Oh, you don't? Well, it's possibly one of the best smells EVER! I'm just sayin. Up until recently I've been very scared of any recipe that had "yeast" in the ingredient list. It intimidates me to have to know the temperature of the water I'm mixing the yeast into in order for it to rise properly.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to go ahead and "just do it"! Luckily my first attempt turned out perfectly so I made some more this past weekend and it turned out just as nicely. The recipe does say to let cool before cutting - but please! I'm only human. I had to eat it almost the second it came out of the oven.

I hope you'll give this a try even with my lack of pictures to show you. I promise to make it again soon and post more pic's at that time.

Here's where you can find the recipe: http://www.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Wheat-Bread-I/Detail.aspx

No comments: