July 3, 2010

Polynesian Pork Chops



My husband loves pork chops, me not so much. It's not that I don't like pork chops it's just that I'm not that fond of white meat in general. It always seems dry no matter what. But, since I can't keep my family from eating white meat I need to find ways to prepare it that make me happy also. This usually includes a gravy of sorts and that makes my hubby VERY happy since he could pretty much eat anything with gravy on it. I found two thick cut bone-in pork chops, seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides and browned them in a skillet with some olive oil.



I think I browned them for about 5 minutes on each side. Oh, and pre-heat your oven to 350 please although this entire dish can be done in the skillet. While those brown, cut up one medium onion. Cut them however you like, I did those half moon cuts. Once the pork chops are brown on both sides, move them to a dish and add the onions to the skillet. Cook the onions until translucent.



Now mix together the all the other ingredients excluding the rice.



Put the pork chops in an oven proof dish, or leave in your skillet if it's oven proof. Add the onions on top, then the sauce mixture on top of that. Cook for 30 minutes.



While the chops are in the oven, cook your rice or noodles, or mashed potatoes, all of these would be yummy with these chops. I was very happy with how these pork chops turned out. They were juicy and since this recipe is really meant for four pork chops we had plenty of gravy to mix in with the rice. I hope you'll give this a try.

This is a Campbell's Soup Recipe that I modified slightly, below is the actual recipe:

4 boneless pork chops 3/4" thick
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp veg. oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
1/4 c. water
1 can pineapple chunks (I used tidbits cause that's what I had)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
2 c. cooked rice
Sliced green onions for garnish (optional)

No comments: