December 22, 2010

The BEST Garlic Bread


I was just winging this garlic bread to go with my hubbys birthday lasagna this past weekend and stumbled upon a great recipe!


First, cut a loaf of french bread in half length wise (I just used half a loaf as you can see).  Mince two cloves of garlic and mix with about 1/4 cup of softened salted butter.  Slather this mixture on both slices of bread.


Top with grated fresh Parmesan cheese and pepper.  I didn't measure the Parmesan cheese, I grated it directly onto the bread until it was completely covered.



Now put under the broiler (watch it carefully) and take out when the tops just begin to get nice and golden.  Let sit for a few minutes before diving in.

Enjoy!

1 loaf of French Bread
2 cloves of garlic (for half a loaf)
1/4 - 1/2 Cup of softened salted butter.  I used 1/4 cup for half of the loaf. 
Grated Parmesan Cheese - I would guess it was about 1 cup for half the loaf.
Pepper


  Mince the garlic and mix with the softened butter.  Slather onto both sides of the sliced French Bread.  Top with the grated cheese and sprinkle with pepper. 
Broil for about 5 minutes while watching carefully.  Take out when the top turns a nice golden brown.

No comments: