October 12, 2011

Lisa W's Calico Beans



Thank you Lisa!  I love these beans.  Lisa always makes them for our cul-de-sac parties and they are one of the things I can get my daughter to eat and my husband loves them.  We were at Lisa's house recently and she had some of these made and I jumped at the chance to get the recipe!  I made a full batch the next day and froze about half of it for another time. 


I used butter beans because my husband won't eat Lima beans but you can use whatever you like.


In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix it up. 


You'll need to cook the bacon beforehand.



Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.


Calico Beans
1/2 lb bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1/2 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
1 medium onion finely chopped
3 cans pork and beans
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Lima beans, drained (I used butter beans)
1/3 c. ketchup
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 tsp. mustard

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cook the bacon, drain and crumble then set aside.  Saute the chopped onion just until slightly tender, set aside.  Brown the hamburger and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix carefully.  Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and bake for 1 hour.  Let cool slightly before serving.





No comments: