This will be one of my summer drinks this year. Seriously, it's so refreshing. The blueberry flavor and the lemon flavor meld so nicely without one flavor overpowering the other. Perfect on a hot day by the pool or after a long day doing yard work.
It cools you right down.
It makes you want more.
I'm gonna go get some.
Recipe from Damn Delicious
- 1/2 cup fine granulated sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- in a medium saucepan, add the sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and let the sugar dissolve. Add the blueberries and bring back up to a boil, then lower to simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the mixture with cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer and let cool.
- Add 5 cups of water to a pitcher and add the lemon juice. Stir in the blueberry mixture and chill.
- Serve over ice with additional blueberries if desired.