June 18, 2015

Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies


So there I was, harmlessly reading a fiction novel, the main character starts eating peanut butter cookies and I couldn't for the life of me, get it out of my head.  It's been a awhile since I've made cookies so why not?

My favorite cookie texture is chewy.  I know some of you like cake like cookies and believe me, I wouldn't turn one of those down.  But I prefer chewy.  This cookie is chewy, and big and has lots of sweet peanut butter flavor.

The nice thing about peanut butter cookies, they're great for outdoor picnics and other potentially hot days since there isn't anything that will melt and be messy.

Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
Recipe from AverieCooks


Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural or homemade)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt, to taste (optional)
  • granulated sugar, to roll the dough in before baking.
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix together the first 6 ingredients until smooth in the bowl of your stand mixer, or use a hand mixer.
  2. Add the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
  3. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup or a large cookie scoop, put the dough in your hand and roll into a ball, then flatten slightly and put on a plate. Do this with all the dough (about 12 balls) and put them all on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350º
  5. Line the cookie sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
  6. Remove the cookies from the oven and roll in the extra granulated sugar.
  7. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are just turning light brown. Remove to a rack and let cool.
  8. **Make sure the dough is nice and cool before baking, also allow room for the cookies to spread out while baking.

No comments: