When I recently saw this recipe on Facebook I knew I wanted to try it. I mean, it's four ingredients so how hard could it be? Not hard, at all.
See, I'm not a huge fan of chicken. So when I eat it, it has to be covered in some sort of delicious sauce or be accompanied by gravy. This recipe fit the bill for me.
I couldn't find Russian dressing at the supermarket I was at so I quickly did an online search and found out it was easy to make. I happened to have all the ingredients at home so I just made it first and then added all the other ingredients into it.
I used my hands to make sure the chicken was coated with the sauce on all sides. Then I made sure the chicken pieces were evenly spaced in the pan and popped it into the oven. An hour later I had a delicious meal that I plan to make again. The sauce is extremely flavorful. I made mashed potatoes for the meal accompaniments and the sauce tasted so good with the potatoes too.
This meal does take a little bit of prior planning since it takes and hour to cook and you probably won't have every single ingredient in your pantry or refrigerator. However, I plan to stock these ingredients now just in case I have a craving for this one, which might happen....often.
Four Ingredient Chicken
Recipe from Facebook via Kathy Kehoe
- 8 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 1 package french onion soup mix
- 1 - 8 ounce bottle Russian dressing (or make your own, recipe below)
- 1 small jar apricot preserves or 1 cup
Homemade Russian Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp minced onion
- mix all of the ingredients together (not the chicken).
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 inch dish and pepper (no salt needed)
- Coat the chicken thoroughly with the sauce, get all sides well coated.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until chicken is done. Baste several times while cooking.