I have a weakness for cookies.
I have a weakness for caramel too.
These cookies were a perfect fit for me. I did save myself some but I sent most of them to my gramma for her 95th birthday. We both have a huge sweet tooth and I think caramel is right at the top of the list.
The cookies were the perfect chocolate chip cookie, chewy and delicious. Add caramel to the combination and you have a little bit of heaven. I have definetly got to try to stuff caramels into more cookies. ;)
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Cake N Knife
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 - 14 oz bag caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 325º
- Line cookie sheets with Silpats or parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add both sugars and the butter and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and blend on low until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix in using a spatula.
- Use a cookie scoop to put a ball of dough into your hand, put a caramel square into the dough ball and then use your fingers to seal the opening shut.
- Place seam side up on the cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Leave on the cookie sheet to cool a little before moving to a cooling rack.
- Let cool a little before eating.