In an attempt to find more healthy breakfast alternatives for my family I stumbled upon this recipe. We all like all these ingredients to this could be a winner.
I loved the way the cookies turned out. Full of peanut butter flavor and the chocolate combination was wonderful. My daughter wasn't a huge fan but she's super picky. I shared some with my neighbor and she loved them too.
These cookies are super easy to assemble and quick baking. You need to love peanut butter to enjoy these cookies which (usually) isn't a problem here. I love that there isn't any flour and that there is very little sugar. Definitely will make these again, even it they are just for the grown-ups.
Healthy Breakfast Cookie
Recipe from Chelsea's Messy Apron
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp old fashioned oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter + chocolate chips combined or pick your favorite
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Stir together the peanut butter and honey without heating up either of them.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, salt, vanilla extract and stir together. Add the peanut butter mixture in with the oat mixture and stir together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and then add it to the mix.
- Now add your mix-in's. You can use chips of any flavor, raisins or other dried fruit, coconut, etc.
- Stir together, the dough will be thick and hard to stir.
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to get a ball of dough out and make sure it's a tight ball when you place it on the cookie sheet or else these tend to crumble.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, slightly underdone will keep them from crumbling as much.
- Let cool completely.