As you might already know, I'm always on the lookout for recipes to use up the one's I have sitting on my counter getting browner and browner. My daughter thinks the brown spots are poison and therefore will not touch them. Oh sure I can sneak it into a smoothie for her but at her age now she likes to help me make the smoothies so this trick doesn't always work.
Banana ice cream works.
I was so amazed at how creamy this is with just banana's. I mean I had no idea it would turn out this good! I'm probably going to purposely let the banana's get brown now just so I can make this. There are so many different flavor combinations I want to try. I'm so excited! Heck, it's just banana's so have it for breakfast if you want. Ice cream for breakfast!!
I love these little tricks. I hope you love it as much as I do.
One Ingredient Ice Cream
Recipe from OneIngredientChef
- 4 (or more) banana's starting to brown.
- Peel the banana's and place into a zip lock bag, then place in the freezer.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 1/2" chunks and place into a food processor.
- Blend for about 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- At this point you can eat it, freeze it or add other flavors.
Mint Chocolate Chip (shown above) - add a couple of drops of peppermint extract and a handful of chocolate chips. Blend until combined.
Check out the website link above for a couple more flavor options.