February 1, 2016

One Ingredient Ice Cream


As you might already know, I'm always on the lookout for recipes to use up the one's I have sitting on my counter getting browner and browner.  My daughter thinks the brown spots are poison and therefore will not touch them.  Oh sure I can sneak it into a smoothie for her but at her age now she likes to help me make the smoothies so this trick doesn't always work.

Banana ice cream works.

I was so amazed at how creamy this is with just banana's.  I mean I had no idea it would turn out this good! I'm probably going to purposely let the banana's get brown now just so I can make this.  There are so many different flavor combinations I want to try.  I'm so excited!  Heck, it's just banana's so have it for breakfast if you want.  Ice cream for breakfast!!

I love these little tricks.  I hope you love it as much as I do.

One Ingredient Ice Cream
Recipe from OneIngredientChef


Ingredients
  • 4 (or more) banana's starting to brown.
Cooking Directions
  1. Peel the banana's and place into a zip lock bag, then place in the freezer.
  2. Freeze overnight.
  3. Remove from the freezer and cut into 1/2" chunks and place into a food processor.
  4. Blend for about 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
  5. At this point you can eat it, freeze it or add other flavors.
Mint Chocolate Chip  (shown above) - add a couple of drops of peppermint extract and a handful of chocolate chips.  Blend until combined. 

Check out the website link above for a couple more flavor options. 

No comments: