This past weekend I decided to try making my own Greek yogurt, and guess what? It worked. It also made PLENTY of yogurt. I've been searching for recipes where I can use some of it up (since I read that freezing yogurt changes the texture and makes it separate).
I'll post the recipe for the yogurt soon, but I wanted to share this one with you since my daughter totally loves it. It might help that I used these cute Popsicle molds, but she loves the flavor too. What a great way to use up some extra yogurt!
Creamy, not too sweet, with lots of chocolate flavor. I think I'll make yogurt again soon just so I can make some more of these for summer. :)
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fudge Pops
Recipe from Baker By Nature
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (full fat is best)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips over low heat until smooth and completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the almond milk until smooth.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract and Greek yogurt. Whisk until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour the strained mixture into your Popsicle molds and freeze for several hours.