March 15, 2016

Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops


This past weekend I decided to try making my own Greek yogurt, and guess what? It worked.  It also made PLENTY of yogurt.  I've been searching for recipes where I can use some of it up (since I read that freezing yogurt changes the texture and makes it separate).

I'll post the recipe for the yogurt soon, but I wanted to share this one with you since my daughter totally loves it. It might help that I used these cute Popsicle molds, but she loves the flavor too. What a great way to use up some extra yogurt!

Creamy, not too sweet, with lots of chocolate flavor.  I think I'll make yogurt again soon just so I can make some more of these for summer. :)


Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fudge Pops
Recipe from Baker By Nature


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chocolate almond milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (full fat is best)
Cooking Directions
  1. In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips over low heat until smooth and completely melted.
  2. Remove from the heat and whisk in the almond milk until smooth.
  3. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract and Greek yogurt. Whisk until smooth.
  4. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
  5. Pour the strained mixture into your Popsicle molds and freeze for several hours. 

2 comments:

HealthyPaleoCooking said...

Mmmmm! Looks like the pop is smiling in the photo. Thats how tasty they are??? :)

Alyssamay's said...

Yes, we love our little ice pop molds, little sea creatures that my daughter loves. Everyone smiles when these fudge pops are around!