April 28, 2016

Sweet Rice Drink



If you're lucky enough to live near a Public grocery store then you'll understand me when I say, their Apron's meals are amazing.  They make some for you to sample, then have all of the ingredients that you need right there next to the display so you don't have to run around the grocery store searching for it all, and they give you the free recipe card to keep.  I love it.  

This recipe was paired with a yummy Baja Shrimp Taco recipe that was delicious and I do plan to make it eventually, however, this drink had my attention quickly. It's so dreamy.  The cinnamon really sets it apart. It reminds me of a drink for the holidays probably because of the cinnamon but I had to run home and whip it up.  

It's easy to make and comes together quickly (30 minutes) and all you need is a blender and a fine mesh strainer. I loved it.
Sweet Rice Drink
Recipe from Publix Aprons


Ingredients
  • 1 cup uncooked white rice
  • 5 cups water
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking Directions
  1. In a blender, combine the rice and water and blend for 1 minute.
  2. Chill for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together with a spoon until combined.
  4. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments: