July 20, 2016

Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies



These brownies were a late night decision by my family after dinner.  As usual, I named off the not so appealing items we could have for an after dinner treat.  And, as usual, my family named something they wanted in which we didn't already have, but needed to be made.

I should probably mention that when they asked for brownies, my mouth almost immediately started drooling.  But, I put my wrist to my forehead and threw my head back very dramatically and said "yes, of course I will whip up a batch of brownies, even though I just slaved for hours making dinner".  That probably would have actually worked, had we not just had salad for dinner.

Anyways, never one to turn down a request from my family, I jumped online to find my next brownie recipe.  This one jumped out at me for a couple of reasons.  First of all, it was made in a 9x13 inch dish which means there would be plenty....for my family. Second, the description said "chewy" which is a key word for me.  I love chewy brownies and chewy cookies.

I have to say, the recipe was easy to throw together.  There's plenty of chocolate in there with the addition of the chocolate chips (you could frost them if you really wanted more chocolate). They are chewy, the edges get nice and firm, and the flavor is very chocolaty.  Exactly what you're looking for in a brownie.  Most of us have these ingredients in our pantry, so whip some up tonight.


Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies
Recipe from AllRecipes


Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Spray a 9x13 inch dish with non-stick cooking spray
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment add the sugar and butter and mix well.
  4. Add the eggs one by one blending after each addition.
  5. In a separate bowl add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and whisk together.
  6. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet with the mixer on low until thoroughly incorporated.
  7. Add in the chocolate chips and mix briefly.
  8. Pour the batter into the prepared dish, even out and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Let cool on a cooling rack and serve.

No comments: