Every now and then my husband and I try a new diet, or a new way of eating just to see if we like it or if it makes any difference in our general health. Currently my husband is trying out a Gluten Free lifestyle, and therefore, so are the rest of us.
So far it's been pretty easy because I haven't baked anything in a while anyway and pasta's are easy enough to find in any grocery store. It wasn't until I happened to notice the banana's on the counter looking a little dark that I decided to give a gluten free banana bread a try. I already had all the ingredients so it was easy.
If gluten free it new to you, your grocery store might have a section already dedicated to gluten free items which makes life so much easier.
This recipe is easy to throw together. The bread doesn't rise much to don't expect a big loaf here. But the flavor is very good. It's soft, full of banana and chocolate flavor and not overly dense. I love that the sweetness from the banana's came through so no sugar is needed. I have to be honest, that surprised me a bit. Sometimes you try a no sugar recipe and you can definitely tell, but not on this one. Definitely a great gluten free recipe that I'll be making again.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Recipe from AmbitiousKitchen
- 3 medium (1 1/4 cup) ripe banana's, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (diary free if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray, then line with parchment paper and spray again.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the banana's, vanilla extract and almond butter and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients mix until combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.