August 16, 2016

Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Bread



Every now and then my husband and I try a new diet, or a new way of eating just to see if we like it or if it makes any difference in our general health.  Currently my husband is trying out a Gluten Free lifestyle, and therefore, so are the rest of us. 

So far it's been pretty easy because I haven't baked anything in a while anyway and pasta's are easy enough to find in any grocery store.  It wasn't until I happened to notice the banana's on the counter looking a little dark that I decided to give a gluten free banana bread a try.  I already had all the ingredients so it was easy. 

If gluten free it new to you, your grocery store might have a section already dedicated to gluten free items which makes life so much easier. 

This recipe is easy to throw together.  The bread doesn't rise much to don't expect a big loaf here.  But the flavor is very good.  It's soft, full of banana and chocolate flavor and not overly dense.  I love that the sweetness from the banana's came through so no sugar is needed.  I have to be honest, that surprised me a bit.  Sometimes you try a no sugar recipe and you can definitely tell, but not on this one. Definitely a great gluten free recipe that I'll be making again. 

Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Recipe from AmbitiousKitchen


Ingredients
  • 3 medium (1 1/4 cup) ripe banana's, mashed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (diary free if needed)
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray, then line with parchment paper and spray again.
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the banana's, vanilla extract and almond butter and mix well.
  4. Add the remaining ingredients mix until combined.
  5. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle, comes out clean.
  6. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.

No comments: