Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Okay, a day early. Well, my family actually had our Thanksgiving yesterday because my husband had to run off to work today, we it's over for us. But, it worked out perfectly because now I can get you this recipe just in time!
So, my husband is Gluten Free so this recipe caught my eye right away, then I saw the addition of cranberry flavors and I knew this was it. I was a little hesitant because if there's no crust, how does the cheesecake keep it's shape? Well, it worked perfectly. It holds it's shape without being hard at all. In fact, it's so smooth and buttery I can hardly stop eating the leftovers.
There are only a few ingredients and it comes together so nicely. If you've got room on your table for one more dessert, this has got to be it.
Crustless Cheesecake with Cranberry Sauce
Recipe from BHG
- 4 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cranberry sauce (optional)
- sugared cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 275º
- Spray an 8 inch springform pan with non-stick spray and wrap the bottom with aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the cream cheese and sugar and mix on medium high for about 8-10 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place into a shallow roasting pan. Put the roasting pan on the oven rack and add boiling water to the roasting pan until it's about halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake for 70-75 minutes.
- The cheesecake is done when the center is almost set. If you bump the side of the springform pan you should just barely see a jiggle in the center.
- Remove from the oven and take out of the water, remove the aluminum foil and let the cake sit for about 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife along the edges of the pan and then unbuckle the spring form pan and carefully remove it from the cheesecake. Let the cake cool completely on a cooling rack.
- If you're using the cranberry topping: Pour the canned, jellied cranberry sauce into a blender and liquefy it. Pour it over the top of the cheesecake and decorate with sugared cranberries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.