November 8, 2016

Flourless Monster Cookies


I'm sorry for not posting last week, I was on vacation in Massachusetts.  Visiting my husbands family, doing Halloween there, doing the Freedom Trail and visiting New Hampshire.  We were busy, busy, busy.  No tine to post anything, sadly. 

I hope these awesome cookies make up for it just a little. 

I'm still on my flourless obsession.  These cookies are so good you'll never know there isn't any flour in them.  There is oatmeal and that gives them plenty of texture. The peanut butter flavor is not overwhelming.  Just subtle.  The big pieces of chocolate makes me extremely happy.  These cookies turn out golden on the bottom, chewy and flavorful.  I love them. 

Join me on my flourless recipe quest.  If you've got any good one's, send them my way!

Flourless Monster Cookies


Ingredients
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, regular or crunchy
  • 4 1/2 cups oats, quick or old fashioned
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup M&M's
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350º
  2. Mix together all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips and M&Ms) in a large bowl or strand mixer and mix until combined.
  3. Add the chocolate chips and M&M's and mix well by hand.
  4. Scoop about 2 inch round balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet, then use your hand or the bottom of a glass to smoosh down slightly.
  5. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Leave on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
  6. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: