February 6, 2011

Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Yeast Bread


This was my very first attempt at a "swirl" of any kind.  As you can see from the photo above I didn't put enough cinnamon sugar down to make a very noticeable swirl.  Having said all that, this bread was super delicious!  You could totally taste the cinnamon sugar (even if you couldn't see it) and the pumpkin gave this bread a nice moist flavorful taste. Not to mention the wonderful color.

I read a blog called Tracey's Culinary Adventures; and that's where I saw this recipe.  I think the original recipe didn't call for the swirl part and Tracey added it because, well she's a genius. 

Give this a try, it's totally worth it.


This dough was really easy to put together.  You pretty much put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix it before you even have to worry about letting it set.  This is different from the other yeast dough recipes I've made. 

As you can see above, I didn't take pictures of the whole mixing process because I'm sure you all can figure that part out.  I started taking pictures when I rolled the dough out to begin adding the cinnamon sugar mixture.

This process is after the dough has risen once. Now cut the dough in half, this recipe makes two loaves.


First, roll the dough out to about 9x18 inches.  Now you put melted butter on the dough, so the cinnamon sugar will stick.



See, not nearly enough cinnamon sugar.  Don't be like me, add lots more!



Now begin rolling the dough.  Once rolled, pinch the seams together and put it in a well greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.  You'll need two loaf pans.


Now cover each loaf pan with plastic wrap and let rise again until the loaf has risen past the height of the pan. 


As you can see, one of my loaves started to pull apart.  This didn't make one bit of difference to me but if you don't like it you can pinch it back together.



I put butter on the tops as soon as they came out of the oven but you don't have to.  Let cool before cutting.



I toasted mine and it was totally awesome.  I will be making this again!

Here is the recipe from Tracey's Culinary Adventures: Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Yeast Bread

No comments: