June 29, 2012

Spanish Cod


I've been pretty busy lately; I was finishing up my last week at my job that I've been at for 5 years.  It was time for me to leave an spend some quality time with my little girl before she heads off to school next year.  So, I'm basically saying I'll have a lot more time to devote to cooking and baking.  Hopefully that benefits us all!

I have to tell ya, this is one of my favorite fish recipes so far.  I love how Mediterranean it is.  So many flavors that I love.  I read some of the reviews and some people replaced the marinated vegetables with artichoke hearts which also sounds delicious.  

In a constant search for low carb recipes this one fits the bill.  My husband really liked it; in fact he's just coming around to fish in general so I wasn't sure how he'd like all these flavors but he gobbled it up.  My daughter, not so much.  But she doesn't like anything so she doesn't count. 

This recipe is pretty simple.  You just sauté the onion in some oil and butter.  Then add garlic. Now start dumping in the rest of the ingredients (minus the fish) to make a sauce.




Add the fish - I cut mine smaller than the recipe asks for, I'm a rebel like that.


Cook for a short time, till the fish is flaky.


Eat.  Tis good. 


Spanish Cod
Found at allrecipes.com


  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup chopped green olives
  • 1/4 cup deli marinated Italian vegetable salad, drained and coarsely chopped
  • 1 dash black pepper
  • 1 dash cayenne pepper
  • 1 dash paprika
  • 6 (4 ounce) fillets cod fillets

In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil.  Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are slightly tender.  Add tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes and simmer.  Stir in the green olives and marinated vegetables and season with both peppers and the paprika. 

Add the fillets to the sauce and cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. 


No comments: