July 2, 2012

Fresh Tomato Salsa



I'm looking for lots of good ideas for fresh tomatoes.  Pass them my way if you've got some!  I have a recipe for tomato sauce coming soon too.  I don't remember having this many tomatoes in my back yard last year.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled.  We've been eating the heirloom tomatoes almost every night for dinner and these Roma's have been made in to this yummy salsa and sauce and given away to friends.  I'll take this problem any day of the week. 

In my quest to not let them go bad I found several yummy salsa recipes online and figured it wouldn't be very difficult to just make my own version so here it is.  Totally easy. Totally yummy. You can add some cilantro too if you've got it. 





10-15 fresh plum tomato's - diced
1/2 red onion - diced
3 small cloves of garlic - minced
2 Tbsp diced jarred jalapeno's (add as much or as little as you like)
Salt and Pepper to taste


Mix all the ingredients together and chill for at least an hour before serving.

No comments: