This recipe was specifically for my daughter because she loves all things chocolate. It's the one thing I don't every have to wonder if she'll eat or not. Sadly, she gets that from me.
Triple Chocolate Donuts
Recipe modified slightly from Mama's Gotta Bake
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp vinegar (white or cider)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 - 4 oz bars of good white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two donut pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and white chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs, milk vanilla and vinegar.
- Slowly combine the melted butter and the rest of the wet ingredients to the dry mixture.
- Spoon the batter in the donut pan filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After you remove the donuts from the oven, wait about 30 seconds and then run a knife around the edges of each donut and softly turn the pan over to drop the donuts onto a wire cooling rack.
- For sugar coated donuts, coat them immediately.
- For the white chocolate frosting, use a double boiler with water simmering beneath. Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and melt slowly stirring constantly.
- Grab one cooled donut and turn it upside down, dip in the melted chocolate and let cool on a wire rack.