April 30, 2014

Bran Muffins with Raisins



Muffins make mornings so much easier.  Seriously.  I love how many varieties there are and how convenient they are to just grab on the run.  When I know I'm going to have a busy week I definitely have some on hand.  

This time I decided to make one of my favorites, bran with raisins, not believing that my daughter would eat them in a million years.  But guess what? She did.  She liked it. I was amazed.  I don't know what it is about bran muffins that I like so much.  I think it's the deep, rich nutty flavors, and sweet bites of raisins. I just love them.

I see lots of recipe where this muffin is made using raisin bran cereal but I didn't want to make that kind.  I wanted mine with some actual wheat bran in there. I guess I need to make both kinds and compare side by side. I'll add that to my to-do list.  In the meantime, I'm gonna go have another muffin.

Bran Muffins with Raisins


Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup toasted wheat bran
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup milk (I used 1%)
  • 1/4 cup molasses or honey (I used molasses)
  • 1/4 cup oil (I used canola)
  • 1 whole egg
  • 3/4 cup raisins
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400º
  2. Butter a 12 cup muffin pan or line with papers
  3. Combine the dry ingredients in one medium bowl. (excluding raisins)
  4. Combine the wet ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer or a separate medium bowl.
  5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine just until moist, add the raisins and mix just until combined.
  6. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake for 18-22 minutes.
  7. Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.

No comments: