I can hardly believe that Easter is right around the corner. I'm not prepared, as usual. I just thought these little cookies were so adorable I had to make them. My daughter won't eat coconut but that's OK, I will.
I love a good macaroon. If you're coconut, there is nothing like a good chewy macaroon. Ton's of sweet coconut flavor which is already sweet enough, add the center of Nutella and top it with some candy eggs and you have got a very decadent treat.
Adorable for your Easter table, even if the adults are the only one's eating them!
Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests
Recipe from Two Peas and their Pod
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 bag Easter Egg Candy (I used Cadbury White Mini Eggs)
- Preheat the oven to 325º
- Line two cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla and salt and stir together until smooth.
- Add the coconut and stir.
- Drop about two tablespoons of the mixture onto the cookie sheet. Use your thumb to make a hole in the middle and shape like a nest.
- Bake for 17 - 20 minutes, or until the coconut is turning golden brown. Remove and deepen the hole in the middle again.
- Let sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Let the cookies cool all the way before decorating.
- To decorate, add about a small amount of Nutella in the middle hole. Top with eggs. Serve.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter.