October 1, 2014

Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring



I know I'm not the only one who has trouble getting dinner on the table when you've got such a hectic schedule during the week.  

Right? I'm not alone here right? 

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're experiencing these issues too.  Seems like there is very little time after school and before the extra-curricular activities.  I don't usually go for store bought products like canned crescent roll dough but lets be honest, I'm not going to whip it up on a weeknight either.  A little extra help from the store can help sometimes. 

This quick dish can be made quickly and you can add or remove any of the ingredients you don't think your family will eat.  I made it exactly as the recipe called for and my daughter wouldn't touch it because of the red peppers.  Oh well. 


Fairly simple to assemble, once you know what it's supposed to look like.  I like lots of pictures so I thought this might help.


The bacon inside really adds a nice smoky flavor that my husband and I enjoyed.  The flavors all meld together really well.  This ring bakes up beautifully and is easy to reheat and even take with you on the run. Great quick dinner option. 
Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring
Recipe from "tasteofhome 100 BEST recipes 2011" page 80


Ingredients
  • 2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
  • 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (I used coarse ground)
  • 1 Tbsp Italian dressing mix
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Spray a 14 inch pizza dish with non-stick spray. 
  3. Open both cans of crescent roll dough, break the dough apart into the perforated rectangle pieces and start laying them about 3 inches away from the edge of the pizza pan, wide side facing toward the middle, corner piece drooping over the edge. (see picture)
  4. Overlap the dough pieces until all the pieces are down.  Squeeze the seams together on the wide side pieces. 
  5. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl. 
  6. Scoop out the mixture with a large spoon and spread evenly over the wide side of the dough. 
  7. Grab the triangle pieces that are hanging over the edge and pull them over the top of the filling (there will be gaps that aren't covered). Tuck the dough corner under the wide side. (see picture). 
  8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 

No comments: