I recently made this for my neighborhood "Dinner Club" party. While I wait for some of those recipes to roll in, I'll share this one with you.
Chocolate Lasagna has been a popular item for a while and I'm just now getting around to actually making it. It's easy to throw together and doesn't require any skill at all. Not to mention, it is always loved. You really can't go wrong with it (unless your crowd doesn't like chocolate).
I personally love the Oreo crust. I mean, I'm a little bit of an Oreo addict so for me this dessert is heaven. The little mini chocolate chips on top are also a must in my opinion, they just add a great texture since the middle layers are all smooth.
This is a fun and easy dessert. It's a classic for good reasons. It also disappears quickly so if you're looking for leftovers you'll have to act quickly.
Recipe from Center Cut Cook
- 1 package Oreo cookies (regular, not double stuff)
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 - 8 ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cold milk
- 1 - 12 ounce tub cool whip, divided
- 2 - 3.9 ounce packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Crush the Oreo's. You can use a food processor or you can put them in a gallon zip lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or fry pan. :)
- Transfer the Oreo's to a large bowl and add the melted butter, stir together so the butter is well distributed. Press them into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Refrigerate while you work on the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, add the cream cheese and blend until light and fluffy. Add 2 Tbsp of milk and the sugar and mix again until well combined. Add 1 1/4 cup of the cool whip and blend together. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the chocolate pudding mix with 3 1/4 cups of milk and whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken. Set aside.
- To assemble layers: Take the 9x13 inch dish from the refrigerator and spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Spread the chocolate pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the remaining cool whip over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle liberally with the mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze for 1 hour.