November 14, 2014

A.1. Slow Cooker Pot Roast


This recipe is found pretty easily, from the back of the bottle.  I know, I'm original like that.  The thing is.  I have a tiny itsy bitsy obsession with A.1. sauce and yet it never occurred to me to look on the back of the bottle for a recipe.  So, maybe you're like me.

I love pot roast from a slow cooker.  I love the idea of throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot and it being done by dinner time without me having to do much work.  Not to mention the wonderful smells in the kitchen that really work up my appetite.

If you're not a fan of A.1. or at least not obsessed with it like I am, don't worry, this recipe just has a background flavor of A.1. but not an overwhelming one. I'm glad I gave it a try.  I usually have all most of these ingredients on hand so I an throw this together when I want to.  This is a delicious cold weather comfort meal.


A.1. Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Recipe from a bottle of A.1. Steak Sauce


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup A.1. original steak sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 package (0.9 oz) onion-mushroom soup mix
  • 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck eye roast
  • vegetables: Potatoes, carrots, onion as examples
Cooking Directions
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the first 3 ingredients.
  2. Place the meat in the slow cooker and top with the desired vegetables and then pour the sauce over the top of it all.
  3. Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or high for 6 to 7 hours.

No comments: