This breakfast is a great suggestion for those busy mornings. Easy to make and have ready first thing in the morning or else to make the night before and refrigerate so you can grab and run out the door.
My daughter actually liked this, which is saying something for her. Miss picky.
Also a great idea if you've got company over and are looking for a filling breakfast that everyone will love.
I used frozen wild blueberries which tend to be smaller. If you're using large berries you may want to add more.
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
Recipe from Crazy For Crust
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 350
- Spray a 11x7 or 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, applesauce, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Add the oats and milk.
- Gently stir in the blueberries. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 24-38 minutes or until golden brown and not jiggly in the middle anymore.
- Serve hot with syrup or yogurt, or refrigerate and cut into bars. You can also freeze in portions and unthaw overnight so it's ready the next morning.