Sorry for my lack of posting lately. I upgraded the operating system on my computer and it changed all of the ease and familiarity I had with my old one. I've had to relearn where all my pictures are. I'm not 100% with it yet, but I'm getting there.
I love this recipe. I love it because it tastes amazing but I also didn't realize how much I would just snack on it instead of something worse (like chips). I eat it like cereal, top yogurt with it and just eat it plain. It's sweet and nutty and easy to make. My daughter even liked it. I think this would be a great travel food to bring on a plane or a long car ride.
Coconut Oil Honey Almond Granola
Recipe from Lovely Little Kitchen
- 1 cup whole almonds, divided
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Heat the oven to 350º
- Pulse half the almonds in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Pour them into a large bowl. Coarsely chop (by hand) the other half of the almonds and add them to the others in the large bowl.
- Add the oats, salt and brown sugar into the large bowl with the almonds.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut oil and honey and microwave for 40 seconds and then stir. Add the vanilla extract and almond extract and stir again.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats and stir together until well coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a jelly roll pan (with sides) in an even layer on top of a silpat or parchment paper and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and stir, then bake for 5 minutes longer. Remove and let cool completely.
- Break up the granola and store in an air tight container.