May 11, 2016

Cheesy Stuffed Shells



If you're looking for some hot cheesy deliciousness, look no further.  This dish is the definition of comfort food.  Hot, melty and delicious. It requires a little bit of time to stuff the shells but honestly, it doesn't take that long once you get a system down.

I decided to try this one out when I saw that it was a little unusual in that it doesn't have a red sauce.  Don't get me wrong.  I love me some red sauce, but I wanted different. I wanted cheese! Oh boy did I get it.

I am in love with this recipe and I can't wait to make it again soon.

Cheesy Stuffed Shells
Recipe from Delish


Ingredients
  • 15 jumbo pasta shells
  • 1 1/2 cup ricotta
  • 1 cup + more for sprinkling Italian cheese blend
  • 1 whole large egg
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • fresh basil for topping (optional)
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large pot of boiling, salted, water - cook the shells until al dente and then let cool.
  3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, cheese blend, egg, and salt.
  4. Stuff the mixture into the shells.
  5. In the saucepan over medium low heat, melt the butter. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Add the Parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth. Season with pepper.
  6. Pour 2/3 of the cheese sauce into a baking dish or oven safe pan. Top with the stuffed shells and then pour the remaining sauce over the top of the shells. Sprinkle with some more of the blended shredded cheese.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
  8. Garnish with basil if desired.

No comments: