September 6, 2016

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate-Chip Cookies



I'm totally digging flourless recipes.  I can't tell you how much easier they are to make, and they taste amazing, and they are gluten free. I've recently jumped on the Gluten Free bandwagon (not 100%, but I'm about 95% there) and I'm loving how much less bloated I feel.  The only hard part for me has been the comparisons to standard bread products and gluten free since they are different flour flavors and textures. I just need to get used to it.  That's why I'm loving the flourless recipes.  There isn't anything to "get used to" because the flavor of whatever you're baking are just more intense.

For example, this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie has great peanut butter flavor.  You don't get the chewy cookie that you might with a regular flour recipe but they're still moist with a tiny bit of chewiness around the edge.  I love them.

This is the second recipe I've made that was flourless.  I'll post the first one I made soon but I have loved them both so much.  Don't get me wrong, just because they don't have any flour doesn't make them healthy.  But if you're gluten free, sometimes you just want a great tasting treat.

I'd eat these flourless desserts even if I wasn't trying to avoid gluten, they are that good.


Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Recipe from Southern Living


Ingredients
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Mix the peanut butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
  3. Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to dollop dough onto the cookie sheet about 2" apart.
  4. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

No comments: