October 13, 2016

3-Ingredient Brownies



So, in my flourless dessert obsession continues.  I just can't help it!  Ok, so this recipe intrigued me because it's "healthy".  Well, in fact, it really is healthy.  I was leery, but still opted to give them a chance. 

My conclusion? 

They are surprisingly good.  I didn't add mashed banana which is one option to give them a sweeter flavor, and I used mashed sweet potato and not pumpkin so they weren't very sweet.  The frosting obviously kicks up the sweet factor and I'm anxious to try it with the banana just to see how sweet they can get and still be healthy.  

The texture is very dense and heavy.  The flavor is chocolatey, smooth texture and the sweetness comes from the frosting.  Very good.  I even shared some with my neighbor and she loved them.  It's kind of hard to believe they only have three ingredients and are actually healthy. 



3-Ingredient Brownies
Recipe from The Big Mans World


Ingredients
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree or mashed sweet potato
  • 1/2 cup drippy almond butter or any nut butter
  • 1/4 - 2/3 cup cocoa powder
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Coat a small 4x6 or 6x6 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
  3. Place all the ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor or in a bowl and blend until fully incorporated.
  4. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 15 minutes and then begin checking for doneness. Mine took more like 30 minutes to get done. Test with a toothpick inserted in the middle, when it comes out clean they're ready.
  5. **1/2 cup mashed banana's in place of 1/2 cup pumpkin or sweet potato will make a sweeter brownie.
  6. Frost with whatever frosting you like best. 

No comments: