A chill in the air means I break out the comfort food and lasagna is one of our favorites. My daughter only recently started liking lasagna, and after 8 years of not eating it she requests it often. I'm only too happy to oblige of course. I mean, how could I say no? This recipe is very simple to throw together on a busy week night and tastes amazing.
Everything is already cooked when you throw the layers together so it's just a matter of melting the cheese. Gluten free is such a big deal right now that it's not problem at all finding Rotini noodles. And most pasta sauce is gluten free but just check the label to make sure.
I have used both sliced mozzarella and shredded for this recipe but the slices to tend to be a bit stringier (which I like) so that's what I use mostly. Feel free to substitute your favorite meat sauce for the jarred sauce and meat, since you're making this you can add whatever your family likes best. I love this recipe and my family does too.
Quick Gluten Free Lasagna
Recipe from FlippenDelicious
- 1 pound gluten free rotini
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 (32 oz) jar pasta sauce (gluten free)
- 1 (24 oz) container cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375º
- Follow the package instructions to cook the pasta. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef, drain off the excess fat.
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Pour just enough pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish to cover the bottom.
- Pour the cooked pasta on top of that, followed by the cooked hamburger.
- Top all that with the remaining pasta sauce.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the top of all that and spread around evenly and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.