I'm completely in love with this recipe. It's seriously delish. You can't even tell it's gluten free I swear to you.
Moist (sorry for those of you who hate that word), delicious cinnamon notes and the cream cheese frosting is just yum. I think I need to make another one ASAP.
After my husband went gluten free I was thinking I'd miss out on all those yummy carbs, but you can still eat yummy carbs this way too. No loss of flavor here. Easy to throw together and yummy. You can't beat it.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Recipe from About Food
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour mix
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts or raisins (optional)
- 3 cups freshly grated carrots
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- You will need either 2-9" round cake pans, 1-9x13 inch dish or 36 muffin cups. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. If using cake pans, line the bottoms of each with parchment paper and then spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Add the sugar and eggs to a stand mixer and blend until smooth, then add the oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients: Flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add this to the wet mixture and mix just until smooth.
- Stir in the carrots and raisins or nuts or neither.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake. Bake for 45-55 minutes for all pans other than the muffins. For the muffins bake for 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check for doneness.
- Let cool on a rack before frosring.
- To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients together and mix until smooth.