December 14, 2016

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake




So, let me start off by apologizing for the lack of posts.  See, Thanksgiving happened and then soon after that I started to get word that my gramma wasn't doing well.  Well, I'm in South Carolina and she's in Montana so I was sort of playing it by ear.  When the call came that it had gotten more serious, me and my daughter jumped on a plane and flew to Montana.  My gramma passed away at the age of 96, so it was expected but still difficult.  So, that's why there hasn't been any posts from me lately.  But I'm back and ready to hit the kitchen again!

This recipe was made before I left.  My husband, as you may or may not know, is on a gluten free diet as it greatly helps with his asthma.  

This cake had great chocolatey flavor.  It's more dense than your average flour cake but I didn't mind it and neither did my husband and daughter.  It didn't last long in this house! Because, when you're craving chocolate cake you just gotta have it!



I just used a store bought gluten free frosting but homemade would be delicious too.  I'm glad I tried this recipe and now have one more for my gluten free recipe box!


Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Recipe from Hershey


Ingredients
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour mix
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Spray 2 9-inch cake pans with non-stick spray and then dust with cocoa powder.
  3. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk together. Add the eggs and milk and stir, then add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and lump free.
  4. Pour into the prepared cake pans. Place in the oven and bake for 35-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  5. Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack. After about 5 minutes you can run a knife along the edges and then remove so a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.

No comments: