Is there anyone on your Christmas list that just isn't easy to shop for? Well, this homemade drink might be just the thing. Turns out that Irish Cream is really easy to make. it took me 5 minutes to pour all the ingredients into a blender and mix it up. Just buy a fancy glass bottle and wrap it up beautifully and you're done!
I don't usually slug down Irish Cream by itself so I'm not sure how great this information is, but they look very close to each other. They smell very much like one another. I think this version is thicker if you use heavy cream (which I did) and it might be a little stronger than the original (feel free to use a little less whiskey). I drank some tonight in my coffee and it was really good, its also good over ice, just sayin.
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream
Recipe from Running From The Law
- 1 cup light or heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2/3 cup Irish Whiskey (or less, this amount makes a strong drink)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender and mix until well combined. That's it.
- Store in your refrigerator for up to two months.
- **You can also skip the booze and add some skim milk instead, if you're looking for a non-alcoholic version.