So, this recipe was recently going around Facebook, and I thought, man those look good. And they're no bake, it was like they were begging me to make them.
I'm really, really glad I did.
These cookies are the bomb. Easy to make and they stay delicious for a while after you make them too. No stale cookies here, no sir, these taste just as good as they did the day they were made. Oh, and I already had all the ingredients in the house, so Win! Win!
These Avalanche cookies have a soft texture, like fudge. But they also have the wonderful texture of the Rice Krispies and the marshmallows. The peanut butter flavor is mild because it's mixed with white chocolate, but still noticeable.
Just an all around awesome cookie in my book, this one is going in "my favorites" section. Yum!
No-Bake Avalanche Cookies
Recipe from The Slow Roasted Italian
- 16 oz vanilla flavored almond bark/CandiQuick
- 15 oz creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup + more for sprinkling mini chocolate chips
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the almond bark in 30 second increments in your microwave until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Add the Rice Krispies, marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper and then scoop a large amount (about the size of a small orange) of the mixture into a ball shape and place on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle more mini chocolate chips over the top if desired.
- Let sit in a cool area until hardened, you can also refrigerate until set.