November 22, 2010

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake


Let me start out by saying that I wasn't able to get a picture of this on a plate with me ready to dig into it because I made it for a work function, and didn't bring my camera to the function.  I am told that it was very good however.  I will be making it again just to verify and give more details.  This was very easy to make, and I didn't get any cracking like I sometimes do with other cheesecake recipes.  This is probably due to the mixture that is added to the top layer. 


I'm sorry for the lousy photographs you are about to see.  I made this at night so.....

Above I have mixed together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.  Mix until smooth and then add the eggs and blend again. 


Remove 1 cup of the mixture and pour it into the bottom of a graham cracker crust.



With the remaining cream cheese mixture add the pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Once mixed, carefully fold in the whipped topping.



Pour the pumpkin cream cheese mixture over the first layer of cream cheese and carefully smooth it out.



Sorry, I was in a hurry and put it in the oven before I took a picture of it. 



Here it is cooked, it had a beautiful orange color and was sort of firm around the edges while the center wasn't quite set all the way.  This is what you want.  This also made my house smell really good.  Quick and easy dessert, I wish I could comment about its taste but honestly I didn't even get to try some at my company event.  I was told it was very good though.

Here's where you can find the recipe: Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

No comments: