November 8, 2010

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies


There I was, minding my own business looking through the pantry for something sweet to eat.  I knew I wanted something different, and something sort of seasonal and there before me on the back of a Craisins (Sweetened dried cranberries) bag was this recipe.  How bought that.  Just what I needed.  So I made them, I ate them, I like them....so I ate some more....



Begin by mixing the butter and the sugar together.



Mix until light and fluffy.



Add the eggs, one at a time and mix each thoroughly before adding another.



In a separate bowl, add Old Fashioned Oats



Flour



Baking soda and salt



Add the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture slowly until its all combined.



Add the craisins



I had this White Chocolate bar in the pantry but you can also use white chocolate chips.


Chop up into chunks, unless you're using chips....then leave alone.


Add the chocolate in with the Craisins


Mix by hand to ensure the chocolate chunks don't get broken into smaller pieces.


Use a teaspoon to dollop the dough onto a cookies sheet, I used parchment paper because I love parchment paper very much.  My cookie sheets thank me when I use parchment paper. 


I baked mine for exactly 10 minutes and they came out perfectly.


I think I ate all the these display cookies.  I felt like I should since I'd touched them all already and stuff.  It wouldn't have been right to put them back.  What, don't look at me like that...


Here is photographic evidence of the exact recipe, but in case you don't have a magnifying glass on you I'll retype below.

2/3 Cup butter, softened
2/3 Cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 Cups Old-Fashioned Oats
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 6-ounce package Craisins
2/3 Cup White Chocolate - cut into chunks

Preheat the oven to 375.

Mix the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs, mixing well after each addition. 
In a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix.  Add the flour mixture into the sugar/butter mixture slowly until well combined.
Add the craisins and white chocolate and stir until incorporated.  Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a ungreased baking sheet (or use parchment paper like me).  Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops begin to turn golden.  Cool on a wire rack.

No comments: