November 29, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Pie


Today begins my Thanksgiving dinner and dessert items, so prepare yourselves!  One of the biggest hits of our dinner was dessert.  My husband said this is one of the best pies hes ever eaten and has already requested it again for Christmas dinner.  I made all my recipes from the same blog this year and was very happy with them all. I hope you'll give this one a try this holiday season; its a keeper for sure.


Start by crushing up the graham crackers either in a food processor or by putting them into a bad and beating the heck out of them with your rolling pin. One of these methods is also a stress reliever. :-)



Next add the melted butter and the powered sugar and mix until the entire mixture is damp.



Press this mixture into a pie plate and refrigerate until solid.



Next, in a medium saucepan add the vanilla pudding mix.  The Cook and Serve kind, a 3 oz box.



Now add the half and half, and spices and whisk together.



Refrigerate until cool so that it cuts easier. You'll also notice that I didn't top mine with the fancy graham cracker/brown sugar topping that she suggests.  This is mostly because I forgot.  Since I'm making it again soon I'll be sure to try the topping. Enjoy!

Here's where you can find the recipe: Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Cream Pie

No comments: