November 23, 2011

Hot Fudge Sauce


I made this during the summer and just recently stumbled on it again (wrong folder, oops).  I knew if I tried to wait until next summer to post it I might lose it forever and it's WAY to good to be forgotten.  Plus, it's the holiday season and I can think of lots of things you can use fudge sauce for.

This recipe is so simple; you won't even believe it when it comes together.  Five ingredients and you're done!  This would make a fantastic homemade gift....just sayin.

I found this recipe here

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups white sugar
1 (12 ounce can) evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix the first four ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.  Pour the hot mixture into a blender and blend for 2-4 minutes. Serve right away or store in the refrigerator.  This makes quite a bit and it will only keep in the refrigerator for about 1-2 weeks so you might want to gift some of it if you don't think you can finish it. :)


No comments: