December 31, 2011

Peppermint Stick Punch


Happy New Year's Eve!  Yes I'm totally late publishing a tasty New Years adult beverage.  Better late than never is my motto.  I'm having a few friends over tonight and this drink will be the main event.  I need it to be so they won't notice how cluttered my house is with Christmas stuff strewn all about. I plan to shove this in their hands as they walk through the door.  :)  I'm such a good hostess.


There is plenty of sugar in here if that's your thing; which it is totally my thing.  You don't get a huge sense of peppermint however, it's just a slight note in the background.  Citrus-y is how I would describe this.  It's delish, try one tonight when you bring in the New Year. 

Thank you all so much for reading my blog.  I got a couple of things for Christmas that are bound to make this coming year the best one yet so keep reading! Happy New Year everybody!

Found in "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook"

Ingredients:

1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C lime juice from concentrate
1 C vodka or water
2 Tbsp white creme de menthe or 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
2 - 32 ounce bottles club soda
Candy canes

In a large bowl or pitcher; mix all of the ingredients except the club soda and candy canes.  Mix in the club soda right before you serve it.

Makes 2 1/2 quarts

No comments: